Sunday, September 8, 2013

Elemental Eating Emerges!

Ok, so I've made some changes in the way I live.
Well,
I'm here to tell you about it.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

I first began eating a low-fat, raw vegan ‘diet’ in a really committed way, in the beginning of the new year of 2013. By the end of January, 2013, I was pretty much 100% committed to the raw vegan lifestyle, with only very small eating ‘cheats’ here and there, (about which I will be as honest with you all as possible) I think there is more to learn about this journey if I am 100% honest about where I am struggling or NOT doing things right, as well as sharing all the positively wonderful changes I’ve made in my life.



This is basically a day's worth of food. Maybe a few more bananas....


It was an exciting time in my life in late 2012, heading into the New Year. I felt like I was on a positive roll, a creative wave of some kind, that was sweeping me along into a life spent more than ever, doing things that I truly feel are valuable and reflect who I am, always striving to be the best possible version of who I know I can be. I was working hard as an artist, painting for the first time in my life without an animation/design job with a fat corporate paycheck dangling in front of my nose, but instead, really painting from my heart, and my soul, whatever my inspiration/craziness prompted me to paint. 



My body of work, created over the last two years.
'Time Fluid' Painted Elemental Magic

(you could say that much of this is 'raw' art)


And at the very first exhibition of any of my paintings in my entire life I met a very remarkable woman, who was to be one of the single most powerful catalysts ever to walk into my life. The day I met Mariya was really the first day of this journey. Something ‘raw’ clicked deep inside of me on many levels, and started a process when we very first met, and it has not stopped ‘processing’ ever since.



Speaking of 'processing' here's my wonderful juicer.
(Thank you Leif!)


Mariya first introduced me to her version of a low-fat raw food diet, in a very simple and fun manner. One day, not long after we'd met and we were still very new and shy, I asked her about being a 'raw vegan' and she began to explain that 
her particular diet consisted almost entirely of fruit,
especially bananas.

I thought to myself, "Bananas, hmm, I could always live on bananas".
I asked her what her lunch might consist of, 
and she said she could show me, 
so I said "Fine, show me". She proceeded to whip 
up a spectacular fruit salad in an enormous 
stainless steel bowl, with about eight bananas, 
half a pineapple, half a box of strawberries, 
some raspberries, blackberries, maybe some other stuff...
She whipped it up good, really mixing it for a while,
giving it a good going over.

I took a bite. I took another bite.....

The rest, my friends, is as they say, history, 
a delicious history that remains to be told...


Armed with lots of exciting new knowledge about what we eat and how it affects us, coming largely from Mariya, and also from the outstanding outstanding and very readable books called ‘The 80/10/10 Diet’ Balancing Your Health, Your Weight, and your Life, One Lucious Bite at a Time’ by Dr. Douglas N. Graham, and “The Healing Crisis’ by (coming soon) I decided to give myself a chance to heal my body and soul, 100%, through a diet of 100% live, raw, organic food. 

I achieved this by eating, blending and juicing ONLY 60% to 80% raw, fresh, organic fruit, 10% to 20% raw, fresh, organic greens and veggies, 5 to 10% raw nuts, seeds, et.c This is the way, I am believing more and more in time, to truly heal ourselves, simply, through diet alone, with no medical intervention needed whatsoever. 

I believe my body is pefectly capable of healing me, thoroughly and magnificently, if I only provide it, daily, consistently, with enough oxygen and nutrients, and living energy from the sun, so it can do its work!



This is where I live.

Whew!

Breathtaking natural beauty and spendor.
Old growth trees.

If I want to clean up my 'environment'
I can start with cleaning up me.
100%. A serious cleaning up all of the toxins
I've been putting in to my body for a lifetime!!












No comments:

Post a Comment